When it comes to planning your wedding, most brides have no idea where to start. Perhaps you just got engaged and you’re trying to figure it out, or your best friend did and you are the help line… What do you do first? Do you buy your wedding dress? Plan the guest list? Hire the caterer? When do you book a venue? The photographer? The answer is simple: One of your first decisions and best investments should be to hire a Wedding Coordinator!
There are several types of Coordinators:
- Full Service Planning and Coordination– From beginning to end, she will be a leading force in the entire wedding planning process.
- Month of Planner – Perhaps you can handle all of the initial planning but you want someone to take over as the big day gets closer.
- Weekend Coordinator – You’re new right-hand-gal for the day before, day of, and even after your wedding. Talk about relief!!!
- Day-Of Coordinator – This is one of the more popular options. You’ve done all of the hard work but now you want someone to execute everything perfectly for you and handle anything that may arise.
- Venue Provided Coordinator – These are great, too! I will tell you however that some times (not always), the venue provided coordinators are more likely to make sure the timeline runs smoothly for the venue’s benefit before your own. So do not be afraid to hire your own gal (or guy) or ask lots of questions about their involvement and responsibilities. Oh, and find out how many weddings they are coordinating on YOUR DAY – some of the Atlanta area venues host 2 a day. You want a coordinator that is focused on YOU! I have worked with many amazing venue provided coordinators; this is why it’s important to ask questions and read reviews 🙂
Here are my Top 5 Favorite Reasons to Hire a Wedding Coordinator:
- EXPERIENCE!!!: This reason is enough! When a vendor is specific to the wedding industry, that means Weddings are their LIFE! Wedding Coordinators have seen it all, planned it all, handled it all, and worked through countless last minute hiccups that you do not want to have to deal with on the HAPPIEST DAY of your life!
- Timeline: Ceremony start time, cake cutting, toasts, first dances… surely you don’t want to be responsible for making sure everyone is in the right place at the right time?!
- Budget Advice: If you have a certain budget in mind, a good planner will consult with you on the things that are important to you and help you figure out where you should allocate bigger portions of your budget and how to save in other areas.
- Stress Free: Planners typically operate well under stress like they’re wired for it! It is their job to take it off of your shoulders and carry it for you. Not to mention they have your back and you won’t have to worry about hurting anyones feelings or making awkward decisions, it’s not personal for them like it is you.
- Go-To: It’s your wedding day not your working day! Your planner will have all the important phone numbers and contacts he/she needs. Your other vendors will consult her if they need anything. You just look pretty and have fun! Who doesn’t want that?!
First thing to keep in mind is that even if you only attain Day Of Coordination services, your coordinator will put WAY MORE than one days work into planning that day for you. So make sure you pick someone who has plenty of energy, is organized, and who you love! Making sure your personalities match is key in finding the best Wedding Coordinator!
Three local planners we would definitely pick from if we were planning a wedding again:
- Kaley at Borrowed & Blue in Northeast Georgia and Atlanta
- Irene at Irene Tyndale Events in Atlanta and Metro Area
- Hester Parks at Park Avenue Events in Atlanta and Metro Area
Also, we LOVE INSTAGRAM!